What Would Be In Your Time Capsule?
We have all done it at one time in our life. Maybe it was high school, or when our children were born, or maybe when we got married – but have you ever done it for your career or business? That is an interesting question! A time capsule is appropriate for every angle of your life, and creating one for your business can help you clarify your priorities and goals.
So what would be in your business time capsule? Here are some helpful tips to get you started.
(1) Decide the purpose of your time capsule. One way to do this is to consider who you would like your audience to be. Would you like to open the time capsule yourself? Would you like to share it? Would you like your message to last far into the future?
(2) Decide where you will store your time capsule. Although you may have done it before, burial may not be the best choice. Think of locations within your home or office.
(3) Select a container. If you store it inside, at home or at the office, then a shoebox, bin, or even an old suitcase might be quite adequate.Collect the objects to go in your time capsule. Who will open your time capsule, and what would you like to tell them? Have fun with this step! Choose things that reflect the spirit of the present. What is unique about today, about your practice, about you? Some items to consider:
* Newspaper or magazine articles showing current trends and/or events
* Personal messages to and from others
* List of life goals and how you impact the world as it is today
* Any material items you want to share with the future
* If you wish, write and enclose your own description of what it is like to live right now. Tell your future audience about daily life. Talk about ordinary day-to-day activities and anything else you would like to share.
(4) Do something to remind yourself or others of the location of the time capsule and the date you intend it to be opened.
(5) Seal the time capsule to your satisfaction and store it for the selected amount of time.
When thinking of your practice, what would be in your time capsule for just one year? What message would you leave for yourself and your team? What would be your revenue goals? Would you hold yourself accountable for what you put in your time capsule for just one year?
If you are not an LWP Member and interested in learning more about what Lawyers With Purpose has to offer your estate planning practice, join us in Phoenix, AZ, for our Asset Protection, Medicaid and VA Summit, September 12-13th. Click here to register for our two day event.
Roslyn Drotar, Implementation Coach, Lawyers With PurposePosted by Roslyn Drotar | 0 comments